Все для тех, кому нужен английский язык!

Развлечения и отдых

Общение | Конкурсы | Афиша | Коллекции | Копилка

Форум | Ищу репетитора | Разговорные клубы

04 Май 2024, 18:52

Добро пожаловать, Гость.

Пожалуйста, войдите или зарегистрируйтесь чтобы оставить сообщение.
Начало Помощь Поиск Правила форума Войти Регистрация
forum.englishteacher.ru  |  Английский язык  |  Speak English (Модератор: A.K.L.)  |  a few words of gratitude « предыдущая тема следующая тема »
Страниц: [1] 2 3 4 Ответ Печать
Автор Тема: a few words of gratitude  (Прочитано 63941 раз)
slavyan
пользователь

« : 05 Октябрь 2012, 09:38 » Процитировать

It is a pleasure to find such an informative site)) Hornestly I have never learned Englis from russian sites and have just recently stumbled over this web recourse  but must admit your site is really useful for learners of English. The section of american channels is magnificent))
mirock
Privileged user
пользователь

« Ответ #1 : 13 Октябрь 2012, 09:34 » Процитировать

I can't say so. Here are pretty boring people. And fairly snobbish. And not fun. At all.
« Последнее редактирование: 13 Октябрь 2012, 09:39 от mirock » Записан
slavyan
пользователь

« Ответ #2 : 13 Октябрь 2012, 14:26 » Процитировать

mirock

pretty boring people.And fairly snobbish

Don't know may be It will become clear to me later on - I've  been visiting the site for roughly month or so that's why I can't make any conclusions right now). Well, I think the site is useful to beginers and those who want to refresh their knowledge of English. The problem is some people don't get only practise will help them be more confident in english writing or speaking )

And not fun. At all.

But here I am and we'll have a blast)
mirock
Privileged user
пользователь

« Ответ #3 : 14 Октябрь 2012, 20:33 » Процитировать

But here I am and we'll have a blast)

Here is vacuum. What yet blast?)
slavyan
пользователь

« Ответ #4 : 15 Октябрь 2012, 07:37 » Процитировать

mirock

to have a blast is the enlish idiom that's currently used in America. It is another way to say that one has a lot of fun.

mirock
Privileged user
пользователь

« Ответ #5 : 15 Октябрь 2012, 12:13 » Процитировать

mirock

to have a blast is the enlish idiom that's currently used in America. It is another way to say that one has a lot of fun.

i understand af
Yuri P
Privileged user
пользователь

« Ответ #6 : 16 Октябрь 2012, 11:02 » Процитировать

Now that you guys have met here, I guess there will be a lot of fun on this forum. Show us, boring people, what it is to have real fun in English.
slavyan
пользователь

« Ответ #7 : 16 Октябрь 2012, 16:09 » Процитировать

to incredibly boring guy ( also we'll find out if he's  slightly arrogant either )

yeah, the boredom overtook you and you began to speak...

I don't completly figure it has  been  the words of encouragement or what???
slavyan
пользователь

« Ответ #8 : 16 Октябрь 2012, 16:18 » Процитировать

will be a lot of fun on this forum

Your assumption will be absolutely correct as long as your stop typing ambiguous messages and silly hints. Hope this post will finally hit home...
Yuri P
Privileged user
пользователь

« Ответ #9 : 16 Октябрь 2012, 18:31 » Процитировать

I don't completly figure it has  been  the words of encouragement or what???
Those were words of sarcasm, of course. I don't really think you and mirock can change anything here. If the place seems boring to you, just leave it.

Everyone understands it is important to practice. People are not fools. If you really want to make them more active, do so. But I guess you just don't have a clue about how this can be done. Not that I have, of course. But I think criticism won't work.

One thing seems obvious to me: if you want to involve someone in conversation with you, you have to talk about something that interests that person. People coming to a language learning forum will much more likely be interested in discussing language learning than space travel. Really, imagine the opposite situation: you come to a forum dedicated to discussing space exploration and start a thread about language learning. Is it likely to be popular?

Yes, it sounds like a great idea: let's talk about everything in English. But in practice, who can talk about everything?
slavyan
пользователь

« Ответ #10 : 17 Октябрь 2012, 06:33 » Процитировать

Yuri P

But in practice, who can talk about everything?

Sir, why not you ab

language learning than space travel

By doing so your vocabulary will be expanding and I really think it's truely vital to apply English rather than talking about it like crazy) Seem like you are already able to participate in the forum topics I am offering. Dunno what keeps you from that...
slavyan
пользователь

« Ответ #11 : 17 Октябрь 2012, 06:52 » Процитировать

Yuri P

If the place seems boring to you, just leave it.

you've maxed out on your quota of insults, dude.... why don't you practice English or you guess there aren't any dark areas of it you are clueless about.... So either it is better off to put the converse to bed and learn English together by talking about space, nature, history, science or whatever you can propose!!! Is this variety of possible topics not extensive  enough???
slavyan
пользователь

« Ответ #12 : 17 Октябрь 2012, 07:20 » Процитировать

Yuri P

in discussing language learning than space travel

Poor thing! You've missed the point. Please, read carefully trough the following phrase(I've added two words to it to make it clear enough why your unreasonable claims get me through the roof:

yours -
in discussing language learning than space travel
and mine - in discussing language learning than space travel in English

Yuri P
Privileged user
пользователь

« Ответ #13 : 17 Октябрь 2012, 09:43 » Процитировать

you've maxed out on your quota of insults, dude....
It looks like you get insulted too easily. It would have been an insult if I had written something like "get out of here". But "leave the place if it seems boring to you" is just a piece of advice.

and mine - in discussing language learning than space travel in English
That is exactly what I meant. We are talking about practicing a language. It is hard to discuss something that doesn't really interest you, and it is even harder to do this in a foreign language.

Btw, answer me one question: why are you so eager to practice English with non-natives? Why not with native speakers? If you think it is possible to discuss any topic just for the sake of practice and vocabulary expansion, why not do this on an English speaking forum? It looks like a much more logical thing to me.
slavyan
пользователь

« Ответ #14 : 17 Октябрь 2012, 16:29 » Процитировать

by talking about space, nature, history, science or whatever you (or anybody else) can propose

dunno seems like you've never read my previous posts. Again just tell me why not you?

why not do this on an English speaking forum

I like this idea either but there is so little forum activity so I got bored. What forum can you propose me if I write a lot and want a reply within 20 -30 minutes?
Yuri P
Privileged user
пользователь

« Ответ #15 : 17 Октябрь 2012, 17:18 » Процитировать

dunno seems like you've never read my previous posts. Again just tell me why not you?
Why not me what? Why don't I create threads here and talk about everything? Probably because I am not a talkative type. In real life I speak very little.

I like this idea either but there is so little forum activity so I got bored. What forum can you propose me if I write a lot and want a reply within 20 -30 minutes?
No, I can't suggest any sites in particular. If there is little activity on those forums, maybe you should register on a whole bunch of them and write on all of them simultaneously.

Do you really have so much to say on the topics you mentioned that you can write every 20 or 30 minutes day after day for months? It seems incredible. I suspect you will soon start repeating the same stuff.
slavyan
пользователь

« Ответ #16 : 17 Октябрь 2012, 18:30 » Процитировать

you can write every 20 or 30 minutes

Yep, litteraly and figuretively speaking space is a really vast area  . Super black holes collisions or sunsports on the sun's surface or spacecrafts which are gonna be beyond our Solar system just in severel years or Mars and "Curiosity" (hope you know what it is) crawling across its surface or Jupiter with its misterious satellite called Europa and so on.  Believe it or not, it's just a tiny fraction of probable topics and I haven't even mentioned anything about politics, nature, history....
mirock
Privileged user
пользователь

« Ответ #17 : 18 Октябрь 2012, 08:09 » Процитировать

I don't really think you and mirock can change anything here.

I don't need this. I whole enough.
This forum is pretty boring. It is fact. Just see on length of topics. There haven't none hits. I have another places for fun in my webserfing. Why would I need in all this deadly boredom and totally sleepy kingdom?

bm

Yuri P
Privileged user
пользователь

« Ответ #18 : 18 Октябрь 2012, 09:48 » Процитировать

I have another places for fun in my webserfing.
Oh, that's great. So I think you can share some links with slavyan to forums where threads are long and active.

Why would I need in all this deadly boredom and totally sleepy kingdom?
I don't know what still makes you come here. You must know better.
slavyan
пользователь

« Ответ #19 : 18 Октябрь 2012, 10:50 » Процитировать

Yuri P

share some links with slavyan to forums where threads are long and active

ok, man, I am a bit down in the dumps after reading through what you've scribbled in the post. Why are you getting overly sarcastic as if trying to hint, "Slavyan, you better follow your supporters." It is silly to act as though all the forumers were divided into two camps on the site and it's up to you to get rid of those who are less loyal to you and your vision of the forum and don't prefer being on your side of the fence. Be nicer to people, please.
Страниц: [1] 2 3 4 Ответ Печать 
« предыдущая тема следующая тема »
Перейти в:  
+ Быстрый ответ

Для прикрепления файлов нажмите на кнопку