Все для тех, кому нужен английский язык!

Развлечения и отдых

Общение | Конкурсы | Афиша | Коллекции | Копилка

Форум | Ищу репетитора | Разговорные клубы

04 Май 2024, 10:30

Добро пожаловать, Гость.

Пожалуйста, войдите или зарегистрируйтесь чтобы оставить сообщение.
Начало Помощь Поиск Правила форума Войти Регистрация
forum.englishteacher.ru  |  Английский язык  |  Speak English (Модератор: A.K.L.)  |  a few words of gratitude « предыдущая тема следующая тема »
Страниц: 1 2 [3] 4 Ответ Печать
Автор Тема: a few words of gratitude  (Прочитано 63926 раз)
slavyan
пользователь

« Ответ #40 : 28 Октябрь 2012, 18:33 » Процитировать

their attitude towards your using of it, its level and so forth

as for their attitude towards me, they were incredibly friendly and kind people, the family of five, who weren't only the family but  a musical band singing various religious songs). But anticipating one of your possible questions you might ask I assure you they never attempted to make me be a god believer though I had mentioned i didn't  believe in the existence of god at all
slavyan
пользователь

« Ответ #41 : 28 Октябрь 2012, 18:49 » Процитировать

ask whatever is interesting to you btw I've been at Seattle) It is a TRUELY breathtaking city and so SAFE.
Inego
пользователь

« Ответ #42 : 28 Октябрь 2012, 18:50 » Процитировать

What do you mean by SAFE?
slavyan
пользователь

« Ответ #43 : 28 Октябрь 2012, 18:58 » Процитировать

SAFE ok, let's put it tis way if you get drunk and lie on a bench and you have your pocets full of money when you wake up the money will still be there. I am not kiding I was shocked by that at first.
slavyan
пользователь

« Ответ #44 : 28 Октябрь 2012, 19:00 » Процитировать

sorry fo my mistakes i  was typing like crazy)
slavyan
пользователь

« Ответ #45 : 28 Октябрь 2012, 19:11 » Процитировать

well, another example illustrating how safe this particular spot on the map of the usa is for instance, just picture this situation in your mind you are standing by the road there are no any cars whatsoever probably you would try to walk across the road while nobody sees but americans would always stop paying attention to the traffic lights)
slavyan
пользователь

« Ответ #46 : 28 Октябрь 2012, 19:16 » Процитировать

stop paying attention to the traffic lights)

oh gush) you can infer just the opposite from this phrase . I mean would always stop and pay attention to the traffic lights)
slavyan
пользователь

« Ответ #47 : 28 Октябрь 2012, 19:35 » Процитировать

and in addition to the previous two reasons explaining why I regard the city as being tremendously safe is that if you are under 21 you are not eligible to buy alcohol and NOBODY I WANNA EMPHASIZE IT ONCE MORE NOBODY will sell it out to you or help you purchase it until you show your id to them) It is insane, isn't it?)))
slavyan
пользователь

« Ответ #48 : 28 Октябрь 2012, 19:57 » Процитировать

am familiar with German, French, Chinese, Turkish, Latvian and Spanish

lol, you are my hero)
Inego
пользователь

« Ответ #49 : 29 Октябрь 2012, 03:48 » Процитировать

Well, what you wrote about safety indicates that the Americans are a more law-abiding nation than we are. Maybe that stems from the fact that the core of the society has been mainly Protestant for three centuries or even longer.
Yuri P
Privileged user
пользователь

« Ответ #50 : 29 Октябрь 2012, 06:21 » Процитировать

slavyan
You can hardly improve your writing style through forum posts if you type them like crazy making a bunch of mistakes in each. Practicing such writing will only reinforce your bad habits. Of course it's OK if all you want is to make your writing fluent regardless of its quality. I must confess I don't really know what exactly you meant by "writing skill". But from the fact that you made a distinction between speaking and writing I concluded it was something other than putting to paper things like "i got", "I'd've" and the like. Because in the latter case I don't see what your problem is. Just write the way you speak. Otherwise I think you should do it slowly and correctly, checking every sentence for mistakes, bad style, ambiguity and so on. If you are not prepared to write like that, I don't see how you can possibly improve. Nobody is going to correct you on a daily basis.
slavyan
пользователь

« Ответ #51 : 29 Октябрь 2012, 06:40 » Процитировать

i got", "I'd've"

what's wrong with the phrases. For my money, they are perfectly normal.
slavyan
пользователь

« Ответ #52 : 29 Октябрь 2012, 06:50 » Процитировать

btw I am not writing an essay and you plus other nerds are not a group of distinguished professors to judge me. What the hell are you talking about? I am not gonna make any rush decisions but man, watch watch your tongue cuz sometimes some totally unexpected stuff slips out of your mouth!
slavyan
пользователь

« Ответ #53 : 29 Октябрь 2012, 07:04 » Процитировать

i got", "I'd've"
 do you really think I don't know what  I'd've or i got mean if I write them more often than the full forms like I have got (I have) or  I would have. TO ME,this way of writing is worth applying cuz (because) it saves my time.
Inego
пользователь

« Ответ #54 : 29 Октябрь 2012, 07:12 » Процитировать

Come on, guys! Take it easy, try to find interesting and good in each other's posts and close your eyes on what could make you angry ad
Yuri P is a perfectionist while slavyan's attitude is more informal, is it really a casus belli?
slavyan
пользователь

« Ответ #55 : 29 Октябрь 2012, 08:18 » Процитировать

has been mainly Protestant for three centuries or even longer

some americans are a royal pain in my ass I mean they like being so religious and connected to God. There are always a big grin on their faces and friendly attitude toward complete strangers. What I find a bit suspicious is that I can't get why they rush to all the continents to teach locals how to get a relationship with god. They are so concerned about the rest of the world nonetheless, those fans of religion never move to the most dangerous neighborhoods in New York (I was there two years ago) cuz blacks get so mad when somone is trying to turn them back into "normal people". From state to state America is quite different so it is impossible to put all the pieces of the american style of life together to get pretty clear picture of what America is. Anyway while travelling around this stunningly beautiful country you can experience a particular slice of americana depending on which of the 50 states you are in.
Inego
пользователь

« Ответ #56 : 29 Октябрь 2012, 08:37 » Процитировать

Haha, these religious Americans went in their spreading of Christianity as far as to the flat in Novosibirsk (where I lived). That happened in nineties, though. I mean, really, one day the door bell rang, I looked into the peep-hole (is it called so?) and saw two well dressed and generally good-looking young men, who, being let in, instantly, with a slight accent, began pursuading me that Jesus loved me and so on ab
slavyan
пользователь

« Ответ #57 : 29 Октябрь 2012, 09:01 » Процитировать

Jesus loved me and so on

Why do you think Jesus is talking straight to you and me.)) What comes to my mind when somebody remindes of Jesus is the song sung by John Cash. It's called a man in black: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXRmJyIyJbM
slavyan
пользователь

« Ответ #58 : 29 Октябрь 2012, 09:40 » Процитировать

Inego

do you love the song I guess youhave already heard this paticular genre of American music - country music
slavyan
пользователь

« Ответ #59 : 29 Октябрь 2012, 09:41 » Процитировать

heard of this
Страниц: 1 2 [3] 4 Ответ Печать 
« предыдущая тема следующая тема »
Перейти в:  
+ Быстрый ответ

Для прикрепления файлов нажмите на кнопку