Все для тех, кому нужен английский язык!

Развлечения и отдых

Общение | Конкурсы | Афиша | Коллекции | Копилка

Форум | Ищу репетитора | Разговорные клубы

04 Май 2024, 03:24

Добро пожаловать, Гость.

Пожалуйста, войдите или зарегистрируйтесь чтобы оставить сообщение.
Начало Помощь Поиск Правила форума Войти Регистрация
forum.englishteacher.ru  |  Английский язык  |  Speak English (Модератор: A.K.L.)  |  a little politics « предыдущая тема следующая тема »
Страниц: [1] 2 Ответ Печать
Автор Тема: a little politics  (Прочитано 26925 раз)
kolt.78
пользователь

« : 02 Сентябрь 2010, 16:12 » Процитировать

I'd like to "hear" what do you think about our government
A.K.L.
Administrator
пользователь

« Ответ #1 : 02 Сентябрь 2010, 16:40 » Процитировать

Our government is better than the previous one, but of course it needs to be changed... That's all I have to say...
Erica Blair
пользователь

« Ответ #2 : 02 Сентябрь 2010, 22:03 » Процитировать

It’s tricky turf…
« Последнее редактирование: 03 Сентябрь 2010, 13:24 от A.K.L. » Записан
A.K.L.
Administrator
пользователь

« Ответ #3 : 02 Сентябрь 2010, 22:08 » Процитировать

kolt.78, what do YOU think about it:) Is it your favourite topic?
kolt.78
пользователь

« Ответ #4 : 03 Сентябрь 2010, 12:36 » Процитировать

I'm sorry about my question . I just thought that any subject can be discussed here.Of cours that's not my favourite topic.
A.K.L.
Administrator
пользователь

« Ответ #5 : 03 Сентябрь 2010, 13:22 » Процитировать

kolt.78, why are you sorry??? You are right, of course, any question may be discussed! Feel free creating any topic you want.
So what do you think about our government? It's interesting for us. ab
asil
пользователь

« Ответ #6 : 03 Сентябрь 2010, 13:24 » Процитировать

I'm sorry about my question . I just thought that any subject can be discussed here.Of cours that's not my favourite topic.
Of course any topic can and should be discussed. The problem is in cultural sensitivity and political correctness ab, which means a lot of people feel a bit too 'touchy' about the topic.

PS I can only tell you what I think about the government of the country I live in but I don't think you'll be interested ab
« Последнее редактирование: 03 Сентябрь 2010, 13:34 от asil » Записан
Erica Blair
пользователь

« Ответ #7 : 03 Сентябрь 2010, 15:06 » Процитировать

PS I can only tell you what I think about the government of the country I live in but I don't think you'll be interested ab
I, for one, am!
I liked Kevin Rudd very much, a nice, sincere guy. Julia Gillard looks unpleasant to me.  What do you make of her?
I can’t say I follow all your local politics, though, – only to the extent the BBC covers it.
kolt.78
пользователь

« Ответ #8 : 03 Сентябрь 2010, 15:22 » Процитировать

kolt.78, why are you sorry??? You are right, of course, any question may be discussed! Feel free creating any topic you want.

I just would like to know what our people think of our leaders and i don't think that this topic is something "top secret"and  persecuted.We live in a free country don't we?
asil
пользователь

« Ответ #9 : 03 Сентябрь 2010, 15:27 » Процитировать

I, for one, am!
I liked Kevin Rudd very much, a nice, sincere guy. Julia Gillard looks unpleasant to me.  What do you make of her?
I can’t say I follow all your local politics, though, – only to the extent the BBC covers it.

He is/was very charismatic but managed to stuff up almost every policy he introduced. His last undoing was the mining tax that people were not prepared to accept. He also was  - how should I put it? - a lone wolf and this didn't go down well in the party room. Julia on the other hand is a team player. The problem is there's no team to play ab Another big issue is the State government in NSW, which is also labor (not for long though). Julia was even pleading with the voters to distinguish between the two but this is not happening.

All in all, it's against the national character to say anything positive about any politician. They are bad by default, just because a person in authority can't be good ab The circus we are having now is really interesting to watch and everybody enjoys the show!

I voted Labor only because I hate Tony Abbott with all my guts.
Erica Blair
пользователь

« Ответ #10 : 03 Сентябрь 2010, 21:15 » Процитировать

I disliked Tony Abbott at first sight.  There's something fishy about him [Is it correct to say so?]
They showed J.G. kissing a baby during the campaign and I thought - oh, a classical trick, you thin-lipped woodpecker.
All in all, it's against the national character to say anything positive about any politician. 
A true spirit of freedom, I'd say. What about the media? They don't sing Glory, glory alleluia to the rulers the way it's done in all the post -Soviet countries, do they?
If so I envy you.
They are bad by default, just because a person in authority can't be good

A Russian proverb you probably know says: **** always floats up. Is there anything similar in English?
asil
пользователь

« Ответ #11 : 04 Сентябрь 2010, 10:29 » Процитировать

They are bad by default, just because a person in authority can't be good

A Russian proverb you probably know says: **** always floats up. Is there anything similar in English?
yeah, shit floats to the top ab

Tony Abbott was not nick named 'a mad monk' for nothing. Anyway, in the country where 80% of the popultaion never set foot in a place of worship, except perharps for high holidays, weddings, funerals and christenings, we don't need a religious leader, even though he now pretends that his personal beliefs won't cloud his judgement. When he was a minister under Howard, even his own party was not taking him seriously and if you care to google you'd find some interesting thing said about him and his economic abilities, particularly by the then Treasurer Peter Costello.

The problem is that you have to choose between the bad and the worse, so many people voted for minor parties, as a form of protest. My husband I think voted for the Shooters Party and my son for the Australian Sex Party ab. I was considering a donkey vote but then decided to go for Julia.

As a politician, it's almost impossible to be respected in Australia, so you have to work really hard for people to take your seriously. Working hard doesn't always mean working hard though ai . You either have to be as charismatic as Bob Hawk (who is still pretty much adored) or be as witty and sharp-tongued as Paul Keating. I once had an opportunity to see him in person speaking to the Parliament - this man is a great actor!
« Последнее редактирование: 04 Сентябрь 2010, 11:51 от asil » Записан
Erica Blair
пользователь

« Ответ #12 : 04 Сентябрь 2010, 22:03 » Процитировать

Thanks, asil.

Those names (Bob Hawk and Paul Keating) don't ring a bell, but I'll find out. I'm still interested in the way you see your media. Ours is my pet peeve.
asil
пользователь

« Ответ #13 : 05 Сентябрь 2010, 15:01 » Процитировать

Thanks, asil.

Those names (Bob Hawk and Paul Keating) don't ring a bell, but I'll find out.
ex PMs.
I'm still interested in the way you see your media.
What do you mean?
BTW, in Australia it's quite actually easy to see the politicians 'live'. Can be in a cafe or on the beach, or at a sports event. Our former NSW Premier Bob Carr, for example, could be often seen jogging on Coogee Beach. Everybody pretended they didn't know who this guy was ab It's a small country and you can't hide. But people here respect your right to privacy.

Anyway, I think we sort of took over the original topic. I think kolt.78 would've preferred us to discuss your government. I'm not qualified to do this. I mean, I can, but I don't think I have anything nice to say about them, watching their modus operandi from afar.  ah

For example, I was absolutely appalled that neither Putin nor Medvedev acknowledged the anniversary of the Kursk. This is just an example.

The handling of peat fires in Russia is another issue I simply don't understand. But them again, I might not be aware of certain details.
« Последнее редактирование: 05 Сентябрь 2010, 15:10 от asil » Записан
asil
пользователь

« Ответ #14 : 05 Сентябрь 2010, 15:16 » Процитировать

I just would like to know what our people think of our leaders and i don't think that this topic is something "top secret"and  persecuted.We live in a free country don't we?
I think before asking other people's opinion it would be right if you start with giving yours. Maybe others then  would like to respond and be more forthcoming. ab
Milika
Privileged user
пользователь

« Ответ #15 : 05 Сентябрь 2010, 15:56 » Процитировать

I'd like to "hear" what do you think about our government

I think that our leaders are well educated. Do you like any of them?
A.K.L.
Administrator
пользователь

« Ответ #16 : 05 Сентябрь 2010, 17:50 » Процитировать

I think that our leaders are well educated. Do you like any of them?
Sergey Kuzhugetovich Shoygu
Erica Blair
пользователь

« Ответ #17 : 05 Сентябрь 2010, 18:32 » Процитировать

I'm still interested in the way you see your media.
What do you mean?

They don't sing Glory, glory alleluia to the rulers the way it's done in all the post -Soviet countries, do they?
Criticism is not tolerated here.  Any info seen as detrimental to the authorities is barred. There's censorship and self-censorship.
The BBC told about an anti-government demonstration in Moscow a few days ago, it seems B.Nemtsov and some others were detained. Not a word did I hear on NTV.
You must have heard of journalists killed in Ukraine, Russia, Kazakhstan, Belarus etc.
asil
пользователь

« Ответ #18 : 06 Сентябрь 2010, 09:33 » Процитировать

They don't sing Glory, glory alleluia to the rulers the way it's done in all the post -Soviet countries, do they?
Criticism is not tolerated here.  Any info seen as detrimental to the authorities is barred. There's censorship and self-censorship.
God they don't! We have several shows/programmes here the sole purposes of which is to make fun of the people in authority in the most unpleasant way. ab Even during the election campaign there were quite a few parodies of the leaders of both major parties. They can't afford to take themselves too seriously ab
Some things to watch to understand Australia:
YES, WE CANberra

Chasers APEC Motorcade Stunt FULL  
The BBC told about an anti-government demonstration in Moscow a few days ago, it seems B.Nemtsov and some others were detained. Not a word did I hear on NTV.
You must have heard of journalists killed in Ukraine, Russia, Kazakhstan, Belarus etc.
You might want to read and listen to this one: http://www.abc.net.au/am/content/2010/s2931464.htm

Цитата: VLADIMIR POSNER
As far as I know there have been 300 journalists killed in Russia. Hardly any of these crimes have ever been punished, so the feeling one gets is that the journalist is absolutely open to this kind of attack.
« Последнее редактирование: 06 Сентябрь 2010, 10:38 от asil » Записан
Skalolazka
пользователь

« Ответ #19 : 06 Сентябрь 2010, 11:23 » Процитировать

Yesterday I had watched the interview of Aaron Russo, it was rather interesting. He sad that he had talk with one of the Rockfeller. They had freindheep, so Rokcfeller said that after some event the USA will go in Irac.. so we know about 9/11. In this interview Aaron said many intersting things, after month ago he was died.

Путята писал да че криво да исправите, а не кляните.
Страниц: [1] 2 Ответ Печать 
« предыдущая тема следующая тема »
Перейти в:  
+ Быстрый ответ

Для прикрепления файлов нажмите на кнопку