Все для тех, кому нужен английский язык!

Развлечения и отдых

Общение | Конкурсы | Афиша | Коллекции | Копилка

Форум | Ищу репетитора | Разговорные клубы

09 Июнь 2024, 13:06

Добро пожаловать, Гость.

Пожалуйста, войдите или зарегистрируйтесь чтобы оставить сообщение.
Начало Помощь Поиск Правила форума Войти Регистрация
forum.englishteacher.ru  |  Английский язык  |  Грамматика и трудности перевода (Модераторы: А. Л., A.K.L.)  |  I love you not? « предыдущая тема следующая тема »
Страниц: [1] Ответ Печать
Автор Тема: I love you not?  (Прочитано 6190 раз)
FuNcHaMeLe0n
пользователь

« : 07 Август 2011, 11:12 » Процитировать

Судя по распространенности, такое предложение грамотно, но чем это отличается от "I don't love you", это несет в себе какой-то другой смысл? Почему часто говорят/пишут именно так?
Erica Blair
пользователь

« Ответ #1 : 07 Август 2011, 11:49 » Процитировать

Распространенное? Почему Вы так считаете? Первый раз слышу.
Такая архаичная грамматика, близкая к немецкому, возможна в поэтических текстах, в песнях.
Гугл выдает большую цифру потому, что масса ссылок на фильм и песню. Кроме того, это может быть кусок обычной фразы с продолжением because:

I love you, not because of what you have but because of what I feel.
FuNcHaMeLe0n
пользователь

« Ответ #2 : 07 Август 2011, 12:40 » Процитировать

Erica Blair,
Распространенное? Почему Вы так считаете?
возможна в поэтических текстах, в песнях
Именно. В который раз уже услышал такое в тесте песни, причем в одной из них это вставка из Шекспира("I loved you not"). Ну и да, кино с песней. В общем ясно, архаичная конструкция. Спасибо.
savageanomaly
Privileged user
пользователь

« Ответ #3 : 25 Август 2011, 10:55 » Процитировать

It sounds more dramatic.

Also, when you pull petals off a daisy you say "He loves me, he loves me not... etc". It's a common (relatively speaking) construction because of that.
savageanomaly
Privileged user
пользователь

« Ответ #4 : 25 Август 2011, 10:58 » Процитировать

В общем ясно, архаичная конструкция.

This kind of construction, even though it's archaic, is commonly used in some phrases. I kid you not.

ibelk
Privileged user
пользователь

« Ответ #5 : 25 Август 2011, 13:04 » Процитировать

Also, when you pull petals off a daisy you say "He loves me, he loves me not... etc". It's a common (relatively speaking) construction because of that.

A really interesting observation.  ab Also, this construction seems to be fixed in the name of another flower: forget-me-not, doesn't it? The Russian name of the flower is "незабудка", and I find this similarity to be very strange. Maybe, the name in one of these languages was borrowed from the other? (Dragunkin would tell you at once which language was the borrower  ab) Or do both of them come from the same third source?
savageanomaly
Privileged user
пользователь

« Ответ #6 : 25 Август 2011, 13:13 » Процитировать

A really interesting observation.  ab Also, this construction seems to be fixed in the name of another flower: forget-me-not, doesn't it? The Russian name of the flower is "незабудка", and I find this similarity to be very strange. Maybe, the name in one of these languages was borrowed from the other? (Dragunkin would tell you at once which language was the borrower  ab) Or do both of them come from the same third source?

Wikipedia has the following:

commonly called Forget-me-nots. Its common name was calqued from the French, "ne m'oubliez pas" and first used in English in c. 1532. Similar names and variations are found in many languages.

In a German legend, God named all the plants when a tiny unnamed one cried out, "Forget-me-not, O Lord!" God replied, "That shall be your name."

Henry IV adopted the flower as his symbol during his exile in 1398, and retained the symbol upon his return to England the following year.

In 15th-century Germany, it was supposed that the wearers of the flower would not be forgotten by their lovers. Legend has it that in medieval times, a knight and his lady were walking along the side of a river. He picked a posy of flowers, but because of the weight of his armour he fell into the river. As he was drowning he threw the posy to his loved one and shouted "Forget-me-not." It was often worn by ladies as a sign of faithfulness and enduring love.

Cool stuff.
Страниц: [1] Ответ Печать 
« предыдущая тема следующая тема »
Перейти в:  
+ Быстрый ответ

Для прикрепления файлов нажмите на кнопку