Все для тех, кому нужен английский язык!

Развлечения и отдых

Общение | Конкурсы | Афиша | Коллекции | Копилка

Форум | Ищу репетитора | Разговорные клубы

24 Апрель 2024, 05:43

Добро пожаловать, Гость.

Пожалуйста, войдите или зарегистрируйтесь чтобы оставить сообщение.
Начало Помощь Поиск Правила форума Войти Регистрация
forum.englishteacher.ru  |  Английский язык  |  Speak English (Модератор: A.K.L.)  |  Driving a car « предыдущая тема следующая тема »
Страниц: [1] Ответ Печать
Автор Тема: Driving a car  (Прочитано 12005 раз)
A.K.L.
Administrator
пользователь

« : 09 Апрель 2010, 11:09 » Процитировать

A friend of mine has a car, but doesn’t use it because she is just afraid to do it! She understands that it’s a bit strange but she can’t get over it. How to help her? How to dispel fear?

Are you a driver? Was it hard for you to begin driving? Were you afraid of something? What’s a good way to begin driving?

batman
пользователь

« Ответ #1 : 09 Апрель 2010, 11:22 » Процитировать

Does she have a driving license? Find a good instructor for her. He will be in car with her and teach how to avoid dangerous situations. So she'll become mo self-confident on the road. Hope it helps.
A.K.L.
Administrator
пользователь

« Ответ #2 : 09 Апрель 2010, 23:00 » Процитировать

Does she have a driving license?

No she doesn't! That's the problem. She is afraid of everything. She wants to drive her car and has plenty of plans but ... still she is not a driver...  bn  aq
andrewp
пользователь

« Ответ #3 : 14 Апрель 2010, 14:18 » Процитировать

Now she should sign up to the good driving school. There she will study driving foundations step-by-step, from simple actions to more advanced.
andrewp
пользователь

« Ответ #4 : 14 Апрель 2010, 14:23 » Процитировать

It is not so difficult to drive a car. It is difficult to drive a car good.
trurl
пользователь

« Ответ #5 : 15 Апрель 2010, 12:01 » Процитировать

Many people think that driving required fast reaction. This is not true. You must not hurry until you feel familiar on road. Don't think about other drivers who press "peep".
Undercover
пользователь

« Ответ #6 : 15 Апрель 2010, 13:29 » Процитировать

Now she should sign up to the good driving school. There she will study driving foundations step-by-step, from simple actions to more advanced.
It`s very difficult to give any advise in this situation. Yep, driving school isn`t a bad way for it, but unfortunately even you wish to be a good driver it`s impossible in our schools. Our government is trying to change the legislation but we still have too many gaps in law and most of schools offer you low-grade services or only background knowledges (I mean theory, which you can study at home, as I suppose). For training (practice) you won`t have enough time and which situations you`ll meet? Only ordinary things (direct road, traffic lights, breakaway, graded braking).. yeah that`s great (first 2-3 days) but it won`t save your life in real dangerous (critical) situation. Well, in connection with above mentioned I believe that the best way to bacome a good driver is everyday lessons\practice with any personal teacher, for example it maybe friend with solid experience or what would be better any professional driver, but it`s too expensive.

As about me, I started my education when I was 15 with my father. At first I was learing structure of a car, then basic things such as speed-up\acceleration and speed-down\braking. Secondly, I learned traffic laws and in 17 I started driving on the secondary roads (outside the city), though it was illegal, it helpt me very much and when I reached 18 I passed state exam without any problems.

P.S. I didn`t go to any driving school.
red apple
пользователь

« Ответ #7 : 16 Апрель 2010, 20:19 » Процитировать

I don’t think that to drive it is terrible and hard.  I like to drive a car.
An.net
Privileged user
пользователь

« Ответ #8 : 17 Апрель 2010, 08:42 » Процитировать

I'm not a driver but it's in my plans to learn driving a car/ But i'm affraid ((( I often ride on a car with my sister who drives a car only one year and sometimes i'm affraid to go with her. ac
batman
пользователь

« Ответ #9 : 17 Апрель 2010, 14:26 » Процитировать

ha ha. it's a problem to buy a good car, not to learn to drive.
Страниц: [1] Ответ Печать 
« предыдущая тема следующая тема »
Перейти в:  
+ Быстрый ответ

Для прикрепления файлов нажмите на кнопку