Все для тех, кому нужен английский язык!

Развлечения и отдых

Общение | Конкурсы | Афиша | Коллекции | Копилка

Форум | Ищу репетитора | Разговорные клубы

28 Апрель 2024, 12:10

Добро пожаловать, Гость.

Пожалуйста, войдите или зарегистрируйтесь чтобы оставить сообщение.
Начало Помощь Поиск Правила форума Войти Регистрация
forum.englishteacher.ru  |  Английский язык  |  Грамматика и трудности перевода (Модераторы: А. Л., A.K.L.)  |  Outlook or view? « предыдущая тема следующая тема »
Страниц: [1] Ответ Печать
Автор Тема: Outlook or view?  (Прочитано 3708 раз)
irenat
пользователь

« : 17 Апрель 2011, 23:47 » Процитировать

Hello!
Could anyone help me understand the difference between the words view and outlook, and explain me why the option outlook is incorrect in the sentence The a) outlook/ b) sight/ c) view from our hotel window was absolutely breathtaking. I’ve run across this sentence in a number of books and each of them says that view is the only possible answer in this context.
There is no doubt that view is a correct option, but why outlook can’t be used in this context? 
I’ve come upon a pretty similar sentence in the Cambridge dictionary [From the top of the tower, the outlook over the city was breathtaking.]; in addition to this, the Internet search provided me with a great number of “results” for the noun outlook used in the phrase - from the window … . For instance, 
---The outlook from the tower is spectacular in all directions…;
---The outlook from the window shows the blank, empty wall of a University building erected in the 1890s. ;
---This room does not have an outlook from the window.;
--- Looking for an outlook view from your room?,
etc.

So what’s the difference between these synonyms (and these sentences)?
asil
пользователь

« Ответ #1 : 18 Апрель 2011, 08:24 » Процитировать

quote author=irenat link=topic=20626.msg67345#msg67345 date=1303073272]
Hello!
Could anyone help me understand the difference between the words view and outlook, and explain me why the option outlook is incorrect in the sentence The a) outlook/ b) sight/ c) view from our hotel window was absolutely breathtaking. I’ve run across this sentence in a number of books and each of them says that view is the only possible answer in this context.
There is no doubt that view is a correct option, but why outlook can’t be used in this context? 
....So what’s the difference between these synonyms (and these sentences)?[/quote]
http://www.usingenglish.com/forum/ask-teacher/145144-outlook-view-whats-difference.html (I agree)
Страниц: [1] Ответ Печать 
« предыдущая тема следующая тема »
Перейти в:  
+ Быстрый ответ

Для прикрепления файлов нажмите на кнопку