Все для тех, кому нужен английский язык!

Развлечения и отдых

Общение | Конкурсы | Афиша | Коллекции | Копилка

Форум | Ищу репетитора | Разговорные клубы

29 Март 2024, 08:47

Добро пожаловать, Гость.

Пожалуйста, войдите или зарегистрируйтесь чтобы оставить сообщение.
Начало Помощь Поиск Правила форума Войти Регистрация
forum.englishteacher.ru  |  Английский язык  |  Speak English (Модератор: A.K.L.)  |  Who is Dragunkin? « предыдущая тема следующая тема »
Страниц: 1 [2] 3 Ответ Печать
Автор Тема: Who is Dragunkin?  (Прочитано 65930 раз)
mirock
Privileged user
пользователь

« Ответ #20 : 17 Январь 2012, 11:11 » Процитировать

Now I realise that it is necessary to combine learning and active using  combination words.

For example please
tourist
Privileged user
пользователь

« Ответ #21 : 17 Январь 2012, 11:46 » Процитировать

I guess he meant under "active usage" that you need to write a lot of letters, post a lot of messages here or elswhere, and find people to whom you could speak and, if possible, to use language, which you intend to use in your life, eg, by discussion your professional issues, or, if you go abroad as a tourist, just to discuss questions which you think you can encounter in the country of your destination.
He meant, in a couple of words, that you need to use the language and not only consume it.
mirock
Privileged user
пользователь

« Ответ #22 : 17 Январь 2012, 14:52 » Процитировать

I guess he meant under "active usage" that you need to write a lot of letters, post a lot of messages here or elswhere, and find people to whom you could speak and, if possible, to use language, which you intend to use in your life, eg, by discussion your professional issues, or, if you go abroad as a tourist, just to discuss questions which you think you can encounter in the country of your destination.
He meant, in a couple of words, that you need to use the language and not only consume it.

Template method. Creating of template on most probable cases of life.
tourist
Privileged user
пользователь

« Ответ #23 : 17 Январь 2012, 15:09 » Процитировать

mirock
Templates have been already created, millions of templates.
But you need not only memorise and remember them but learn how to use and use them as often as you can, especially if your memory isn't powerful enough to keep them for long time without revising.
mirock
Privileged user
пользователь

« Ответ #24 : 17 Январь 2012, 15:43 » Процитировать

mirock
Templates have been already created, millions of templates.
But you need not only memorise and remember them but learn how to use and use them as often as you can, especially if your memory isn't powerful enough to keep them for long time without revising.

This not like on a free using of language.
tourist
Privileged user
пользователь

« Ответ #25 : 17 Январь 2012, 16:27 » Процитировать

What is free usage of a language then?
I believe you are fluent when you don't think what template to use while talking or writing. If you think for long time how to construct, how to build your thought into a sentence, that would mean that you are not fluent even though you don't use any templates for expressing yourself (I believe that even you speak fluently but without using templates nobody would think that you can use the language freely)

I don't think that you're going to be understood without standard phrases even speaking in your own language with your fellow citizens.
mirock
Privileged user
пользователь

« Ответ #26 : 17 Январь 2012, 16:41 » Процитировать

What is free usage of a language then?
I believe you are fluent when you don't think what template to use while talking or writing. If you think for long time how to construct, how to build your thought into a sentence, that would mean that you are not fluent even though you don't use any templates for expressing yourself (I believe that even you speak fluently but without using templates nobody would think that you can use the language freely)

I don't think that you're going to be understood without standard phrases even speaking in your own language with your fellow citizens.

Sure, the phrase will be a standart. What is a short way for freely usage it?

Swot?
« Последнее редактирование: 17 Январь 2012, 16:44 от mirock » Записан
tourist
Privileged user
пользователь

« Ответ #27 : 17 Январь 2012, 16:51 » Процитировать

mirock
I think the way is simple: take a phrase and use it as many times as you may remember it to the extend when you use it automatically.

I don't know any other way as only to adjust a certain phrase to a certain situation by repeating it for many times under this circumstances. If you don't have such cicrumstanses you need to create them artificially.

or you have to have a very very good memory to remember how to use without much practice
mirock
Privileged user
пользователь

« Ответ #28 : 17 Январь 2012, 20:23 » Процитировать

mirock
I think the way is simple: take a phrase and use it as many times as you may remember it to the extend when you use it automatically.

I don't know any other way as only to adjust a certain phrase to a certain situation by repeating it for many times under this circumstances. If you don't have such cicrumstanses you need to create them artificially.

or you have to have a very very good memory to remember how to use without much practice

tourist, do you have a speaking practice?
tourist
Privileged user
пользователь

« Ответ #29 : 18 Январь 2012, 09:43 » Процитировать

mirock
I don't speak to native speakers, unfortunately, but I, however, go to an English speaking club, where I have some practice, and sometimes I call my friend, or he calls me, and we could speak by phone in English (unfortunately he knows English worse than I).
That's all practice I have. Of course I thought of finding an English native speaker in the internet, but I don't know what to talk with him about and as a matter of fact (another idiom) it doesn't seem easy to find any native speaker to talk through electronic means.
About 6 years ago when I got an access to the internet first I was chatting a lot with foreigners, but with few Englishmen or Americans, and I agreed upon speaking by ICQ with only a Romanian person, a Chinese person, and a Czech person and we didn't have long-lasting practice. Probably it was because of my bad pronunciation that they refused to speak, but maybe there were other reasons.
Yuri P
Privileged user
пользователь

« Ответ #30 : 18 Январь 2012, 10:31 » Процитировать

tourist
The main reason may have been they also preferred a native English speaker. Was the Chinese one the worst of all? They are said to have terrible English.
tourist
Privileged user
пользователь

« Ответ #31 : 18 Январь 2012, 10:48 » Процитировать

Yuri P

Actually that Chinese girl with whom I talked was better at English than the Romanian woman and Czech man. It was because that Chinese girl worked in some company and probably they demanded knowing English, and others studied it for fun and not very intensely. Moreover, at that time my English, as you could imagine, was even worse than it is now (6 years have passed since then).
I believe if I could speak at that time at least as I could speak now, I would keep longer speaking practice with somebody.
At that time I used to meet people on the ICG International Chat, and I didn't know where to chat else, and, actually, there were a lot of people to chat with. Now that chat has got worse and I couldn't stay there for too long as I couldn't see anybody who can be productive there. And altogether all chats which I entered on ICQ - they have become non-interesting for me now. Of course, I could try to look for some other place to find somebody to keep correspondence or chatting with. But I am getting tired quicker then I was 6 years ago. You can just imagine – I slept for 4 hours for sake of chatting in that chat and that situation continued for more than a half year.

Per se – I don't have much practice to recognize who could have better accent among people studying English as second language. I think it depends on their goals and amount of studying and practicing. I think that Hindu people or Africans could speak much worse than Chinese people. And Chinese are really hardworking, and they can achieve a lot if they set a goal. 
Yuri P
Privileged user
пользователь

« Ответ #32 : 18 Январь 2012, 13:00 » Процитировать

I judge the Chinese by some English texts written by them that I've happened to see. Sometimes they were real puzzles. Though they may have been machine translation, of course.
tourist
Privileged user
пользователь

« Ответ #33 : 18 Январь 2012, 13:44 » Процитировать

Yuri P
Many times I conducted an experiment. I translated texts on my own and they put an original text into the google translator and what I could see? In most cases my translation almost coincided with that made by the google.

Of course there usually were some insignificant differences

I believe that people knowing words could create a machine like translation, if they don't know colloquial language.

Actually, the same is true when I translate from English into Russian ab
It is weird, when I read books I consider I know what I read, but when I need to write about the same - I couldn't choose proper words to describe what I actually know or understand.

Actually not only Chinese people make weird translations, but as a matter of fact a lot of translations from the post-soviet territories and even from such countries as Italy or Hungary in many cases could be Chinese-like. And a lot of Chinese texts are rather appropriate, however, Chinese text prevail in the Internet and in the territory of the CIS, as we mainly use goods from China

It depends, but each translation can have its own features from which you can guess in which country it was produced, and you can distinguish a Chinese text from a German one, for example.
Yuri P
Privileged user
пользователь

« Ответ #34 : 18 Январь 2012, 14:23 » Процитировать

The explanation may be you are somehow connected with Google and use it for translation. What is Google? Maybe they simply found a way to use human brains of the whole mankind behind our backs. Or we are really inside the Matrix. Also some people say there is only one consciousness and the existence of separate minds is just an illusion. I find this idea rather hard to digest, though.

As for distinguishing between Chinese and German translation, I'm afraid it's beyond my capabilities unless it would be spoken English and I could base my guesses on accent.
tourist
Privileged user
пользователь

« Ответ #35 : 18 Январь 2012, 15:13 » Процитировать

Yuri P
I've thought of google stealing thoughts and texts. But I could't figure out how it does it. It should be some kind of trojan there if it does it and this trojan should transfer everything you type to the google data base or otherwise how could he match the texts? I think that rather I translate in a machine manner – word by word rejecting any standard phrases or professional slang, if needed. That is why my translation resembles the machine one. But who know, indeed, probably google has some means to take texts from any computer and accumulate.
It was interesting, at the beginning of my having the internet at home, I started to chat with people from all over the world and, though I knew little, I could guess not only nationality of people with whom I chatted but their age and sex as well (in most cases sex could be guessed by the chat name (nickname). Now I have lost this ability though ab. I guess I had some additional hormones chatting, and then I got tired and exhausted of night sitting at a computer and day work.
Yuri P
Privileged user
пользователь

« Ответ #36 : 18 Январь 2012, 15:39 » Процитировать

When you see some incomprehensible nick, you really miss our Russian word endings that immediately reveals the author's sex. I wonder how they do without them. Though you'll hardly miss what you've never had, right? They simply don't know how convenient those scary for them endings can be.

Yes, we never know what is going on behind the monitor screen. We may well be spied on by our computers. Maybe Google has recognized itself and decided to rule the world by means of information it gives to us rather than fighting us as SkyNet did in The Terminator.

Who knows, maybe Dragunkin doesn't even exist, being just a phantom created by Google to fool us.
tourist
Privileged user
пользователь

« Ответ #37 : 18 Январь 2012, 16:14 » Процитировать

Dragunkin as such is obviously existing as his friend Zadornov likes to refer to him when talks about languages and their origins.
He likes to repeat "As my friend Professor Dragunkin said  ... "

Do you think he refers to a phantom? Or probably Dragunkin is him himself? I think that there is a man under the name Dragunkin who earns a lot of money at expenses of those who don't like studying by traditional methods and are in search for easier ways to learn English.
Yuri P
Privileged user
пользователь

« Ответ #38 : 18 Январь 2012, 18:05 » Процитировать

Zadornov can be another phantom, who knows. At least I've only seen him on a TV screen. He can also be a robot. Or he may have been fooled by Google about Dragunkin's reality, too. That's a mystery that my confused mind fails to reveal. ai

And yes, he can be Dragunkin itself. Maybe he suffers from split personality and sometimes thinks of himself as another person, his "friend". bm
mirock
Privileged user
пользователь

« Ответ #39 : 18 Январь 2012, 19:32 » Процитировать

When you see some incomprehensible nick, you really miss our Russian word endings that immediately reveals the author's sex. I wonder how they do without them. Though you'll hardly miss what you've never had, right? They simply don't know how convenient those scary for them endings can be.

Yes, we never know what is going on behind the monitor screen. We may well be spied on by our computers. Maybe Google has recognized itself and decided to rule the world by means of information it gives to us rather than fighting us as SkyNet did in The Terminator.

Who knows, maybe Dragunkin doesn't even exist, being just a phantom created by Google to fool us.

ag Drakunkin is a phantom in our sick brain! But I coldn't imagine that he might created by civilisation of machine. That's no their style.)

Especially if look on his thesis of Russian pralanguage. Robots cannot be out on the tiles. (one more idiom!)

Zadornov can be another phantom, who knows.

That's right! This is definitely true. He is fairly monotonous and uniform. And his face obviously made of rubber.
« Последнее редактирование: 18 Январь 2012, 19:41 от mirock » Записан
Страниц: 1 [2] 3 Ответ Печать 
« предыдущая тема следующая тема »
Перейти в:  
+ Быстрый ответ

Для прикрепления файлов нажмите на кнопку