Все для тех, кому нужен английский язык!

Развлечения и отдых

Общение | Конкурсы | Афиша | Коллекции | Копилка

Форум | Ищу репетитора | Разговорные клубы

28 Апрель 2024, 22:06

Добро пожаловать, Гость.

Пожалуйста, войдите или зарегистрируйтесь чтобы оставить сообщение.
Начало Помощь Поиск Правила форума Войти Регистрация
forum.englishteacher.ru  |  Английский язык  |  Speak English (Модератор: A.K.L.)  |  LLC level 6 graduates « предыдущая тема следующая тема »
Страниц: [1] 2 Ответ Печать
Автор Тема: LLC level 6 graduates  (Прочитано 41311 раз)
SP
пользователь

« : 13 Июнь 2013, 14:28 » Процитировать

This thread is for LLC level 6 graduates willing to continue communicating in Eglish.
LET US START !  bq
SP
пользователь

« Ответ #1 : 13 Июнь 2013, 14:34 » Процитировать

Test message:
"A few words about Aztec people. I thought that all of Aztecs were exterminated in 16 century or so. However, from Wikipedia I found out that there are some descendants of Aztecs. Now they are called as  Nahua peoples, but their language has descended from the Aztec language. Thus we may say that there are living Aztecs there in Mexico. There are about 1.3 mln people speaking that language there. Of course they haven’t saved all the Aztecs’ traditions and they don’t have written sources of their ancient culture as everything was burnt at conquistadors’ time. But I must admit to my mistake about extermination of all ancient Indians."

OK, shall we discuss the Nahua people? How could it be possible to call themselves in such a hopeless way?..  ag
tourist
Privileged user
пользователь

« Ответ #2 : 13 Июнь 2013, 15:06 » Процитировать

Would you like to discuss the origin of the word or people themselves? At the moment I don’t know either one issue or another. I have to look for additional info to elaborate my opinion. Of course I as usual can invent a story about those people but it is going to be unreliable one. What do you prefer – some info from the net, or an invented story? I guess, for practical purpose of English both ways will be good, but inventing stories can help one’s imagination to grow.

All in all I don’t see anything bad in the name “Nahua people.” At least in the Aztec language it could mean something nice as opposite to Russian one.
SP
пользователь

« Ответ #3 : 13 Июнь 2013, 15:44 » Процитировать

You always take my jokes seriously, driving me crazy of that ))

Well, being serious, I'm afraid the modern Aztecs are in fact typycal undereducated and hard drinking mexicans...  bl
SP
пользователь

« Ответ #4 : 13 Июнь 2013, 15:48 » Процитировать

Is there message editing option at this forum?
I've miswritten the word 'typical'...  ah
tourist
Privileged user
пользователь

« Ответ #5 : 13 Июнь 2013, 16:23 » Процитировать

After you post over 100 messages on this forum, you will be allowed to correct your messages. Until then you have to check them on spot to be sure you send correctly spelled words and grammatically correct phrases.
I am always serious even when I am joking ab
But why not discuss Nahua people and their language?
SP
пользователь

« Ответ #6 : 13 Июнь 2013, 16:38 » Процитировать

....... But why not discuss Nahua people and their language?
Cuz I know Nihua about Nahua language... as well as you don't, I guess...  ae
tourist
Privileged user
пользователь

« Ответ #7 : 13 Июнь 2013, 17:00 » Процитировать

Don't you want to find out something about those Nahua people? Don't you want to know how American indigenous people and their languages have been developed over centuries? At least you could learn their history.
SP
пользователь

« Ответ #8 : 13 Июнь 2013, 17:44 » Процитировать

It's a wide wide field for researches and talkig. Their languagues, cultures, traditions, histories...
The Indians` traditions and way of life seem more interesting for me than their languages, since the languages are too complex to learn even a little about, I guess. For me it's enough to learn English by now ab
tourist
Privileged user
пользователь

« Ответ #9 : 14 Июнь 2013, 06:52 » Процитировать

Do you remember Ken's saying "Only fools and horses work"? It seems indians liked having their work done, they used to have slaves and didn't want to work. And they didn't invent a weel, they used to go on foot. Do you know how many Aztecs lived at Columbus times and how many cities they had? Is it easy for you to remember names of their cities?
SP
пользователь

« Ответ #10 : 14 Июнь 2013, 10:27 » Процитировать

The Aztec names are just impossible to utter, them. I can't imagine how I could remember even a couple of them... ))
Well, Tenochtitlan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tenochtitlan) is not so bad to pronounce... ))
SP
пользователь

« Ответ #11 : 14 Июнь 2013, 11:13 » Процитировать

I love these funny limericks, especially about the floatin axe.... )))
http://otvet.mail.ru/question/31546963
(but I'm afraid you gonna not like it again...))

tourist
Privileged user
пользователь

« Ответ #12 : 14 Июнь 2013, 11:22 » Процитировать

The only book I read about Aztecs was MONTEZUMA'S DAUGHTER. Did you read it? I am not sure if it is a trustful book. Probably there is no word of truth there, but it’s interesting in terms of adventures. I know you like adventures. You can read it. It’s kind of an easy reading. At least I read it in adapted version 15 years ago, when I just started to learn English and, however, there were some unknown words there, it was quite understandable to read without any dictionary. Please try it, if you have time. http://www.gutenberg.org/cache/epub/1848/pg1848.txt

And I like limericks. But I have to have a look at exatly those you referred to.
tourist
Privileged user
пользователь

« Ответ #13 : 14 Июнь 2013, 11:28 » Процитировать

They are not exact traditional limericks, though. They are chastushki.
SP
пользователь

« Ответ #14 : 14 Июнь 2013, 11:43 » Процитировать

Well, Google speaking...
http://translate.google.com.ua/#en/ru/limericks

Thanks for the book, I'll save it ab
tourist
Privileged user
пользователь

« Ответ #15 : 14 Июнь 2013, 14:35 » Процитировать

It seems to me it's not going to be easy to develop topic about Aztecs in terms of history. And you don't want to discuss their language and dialects. I guess it could be more productive to read a book about them (e.g., MONTEZUMA'S DAUGHTER) and discuss either grammatical issues or historical ones we will have run into during reading. Or maybe you have some better suggestions?
pilugaeff
пользователь

« Ответ #16 : 14 Июнь 2013, 16:39 » Процитировать

hi,  boys! i've read your discussion about aztecs. you are very seriously men! now I can't join to your discussion, but i will enjoy speaking with you for another topics ab i'm with you

tourist
Privileged user
пользователь

« Ответ #17 : 14 Июнь 2013, 22:51 » Процитировать

pilugaeff
Hi!
You're welcome!
You can give any topic you like, because I see that Aztecs can end up in a deadend. The main thing is not a topic, but a discussion. It's not about Aztecs. It's about the process of practicing English. If you don't want to develop the Aztecs' topic, start a new discussion and we'll se if it is easier to develop. All in all I tend to have voice chats in  Skype for practice. At least once in a blue moon, instead of writing tons of letters (characters). Will you want to talk in Skype?
SP
пользователь

« Ответ #18 : 17 Июнь 2013, 14:21 » Процитировать

Hi all!
Oleg, what do you mean by "once in a blue moon"? Is it a kind of idiom?
A agree that we'd better finish with Aztyecs. Shall we discuss something else? Maybe hobbies or work, I don't know... ab
tourist
Privileged user
пользователь

« Ответ #19 : 17 Июнь 2013, 23:09 » Процитировать

Yes, let's finish with Aztecs. Let's develop the topic to the very finish. Have you started reading Montezuma's daughter?
I guess it will pour some light on the topic if you know what I mean.
As to "once in a blue moon", it means "rarely".
Страниц: [1] 2 Ответ Печать 
« предыдущая тема следующая тема »
Перейти в:  
+ Быстрый ответ

Для прикрепления файлов нажмите на кнопку