Все для тех, кому нужен английский язык!

Развлечения и отдых

Общение | Конкурсы | Афиша | Коллекции | Копилка

Форум | Ищу репетитора | Разговорные клубы

09 Июнь 2024, 09:34

Добро пожаловать, Гость.

Пожалуйста, войдите или зарегистрируйтесь чтобы оставить сообщение.
Начало Помощь Поиск Правила форума Войти Регистрация
forum.englishteacher.ru  |  Английский язык  |  Speak English (Модератор: A.K.L.)  |  How long are you studying English? What are you doing for that? « предыдущая тема следующая тема »
Страниц: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Ответ Печать
Автор Тема: How long are you studying English? What are you doing for that?  (Прочитано 169558 раз)
mirock
Privileged user
пользователь

« Ответ #60 : 08 Январь 2012, 18:24 » Процитировать

But you can't even get yourself to read this topic).

No matter grammar.
What do you mean? Your first post in this thread was about grammar. Go back and see if you don't believe me. ab

Oh sorry, I few confused in mixes of posts)
Tina^)
пользователь

:)

« Ответ #61 : 08 Январь 2012, 19:37 » Процитировать

Hello dear people. I'm glad to speak in English with you))
tourist
Privileged user
пользователь

« Ответ #62 : 08 Январь 2012, 20:02 » Процитировать

Tina^)
By Skype?
or by writing posts here?
In this case, please write more so that we could find something to start with ab
mirock
Privileged user
пользователь

« Ответ #63 : 08 Январь 2012, 22:08 » Процитировать

Tina^)
By Skype?
or by writing posts here?
In this case, please write more so that we could find something to start with ab

tourist, are you all there certainly go crazy from invasions beginners like Tina^ and me?

Just be honest)  bj
tourist
Privileged user
пользователь

« Ответ #64 : 08 Январь 2012, 22:29 » Процитировать

mirock
I like talking to beginners, honestly.
I do feel like beginner, and I make not less mistakes than beginners. I just like to find some provokative issues on here to discuss and sometimes I like slight jokes and it is often humorous to read beginners's posts and to recall myself and compare with myself now.
I think that you could be right to some extend but not about me.
I like your approach, and what is even more amasing that I thought about such kind of learning English and refused this way as it could be difficult and you would really need to be very smart and you would need to have a very good instinct and a very good memory. It is easier just to make logical conclusions on the basis of my knowledge and experience for me, but I respect your approach and hope you will success soon.
Post here whatever questions you have - you are a really interesting person. I believe the forum needs somebody who would blow life in it ab
Tina^)
пользователь

:)

« Ответ #65 : 08 Январь 2012, 23:10 » Процитировать

So, I want  speaking only here. Also nothing wonderful that I beginner. And also I beginner only that website.
mirock
Privileged user
пользователь

« Ответ #66 : 09 Январь 2012, 01:02 » Процитировать

mirock
I like talking to beginners, honestly.
I do feel like beginner, and I make not less mistakes than beginners. I just like to find some provokative issues on here to discuss and sometimes I like slight jokes and it is often humorous to read beginners's posts and to recall myself and compare with myself now.
I think that you could be right to some extend but not about me.
I like your approach, and what is even more amasing that I thought about such kind of learning English and refused this way as it could be difficult and you would really need to be very smart and you would need to have a very good instinct and a very good memory. It is easier just to make logical conclusions on the basis of my knowledge and experience for me, but I respect your approach and hope you will success soon.
Post here whatever questions you have - you are a really interesting person. I believe the forum needs somebody who would blow life in it ab

I was try to explore grammar today, this is
intolerable boring for me. Even in difficult musical construction I feeling more confidently, though there all more difficult.

Apropos, yet I communicate with some native English-speaking people and I already seen, that they do not care grammar altogether.

I asked to them about this. Most from them altogether can't say why they speak so or so. And I understand, they speak without thinking. They not pushing them sentence through logical mechanism and because they speak easily.

I want that too. There I deside to believe in my feeling and it say to me what grammar is not basic instrument, as harmony book in music too.

I see to full analogy with music. If you can't feel to music - you not help no clever book. And if you feeling, then yes, is help.

Approximately as.

Yet Thanks for you support! I do. I always get all i want. Why must be otherwise?
mirock
Privileged user
пользователь

« Ответ #67 : 09 Январь 2012, 01:05 » Процитировать

So, I want  speaking only here. Also nothing wonderful that I beginner. And also I beginner only that website.

Good luck to you in your work!

I know that all be successful.
lyyavi
пользователь

« Ответ #68 : 10 Январь 2012, 22:24 » Процитировать

I beginner too)
mirock
Privileged user
пользователь

« Ответ #69 : 11 Январь 2012, 00:20 » Процитировать

I beginner too)

Then you must writing more. This is forum but not chat.

I am a beginner. I became to learn English recently. This forum is low active but other all the same.
tourist
Privileged user
пользователь

« Ответ #70 : 11 Январь 2012, 09:42 » Процитировать

mirock
Would you mind my intervening?
I am not as good at English as I should be, but sometimes the simplest thing could be seen even by such a looser like me ab

Then you must writEing more. This is A forum but not A chat.

I am a beginner. I've beguncame to learn English recently. This forum is low active but all otherS are the same.

If you wish and consider it helpful, I could make some remarks on your posts.
And please, make remarks to my posts as I never know where I use correct English grammar and where incorrect ab
Yuri P
Privileged user
пользователь

« Ответ #71 : 11 Январь 2012, 12:11 » Процитировать

And please, make remarks to my posts as I never know where I use correct English grammar and where incorrect ab
How come you don't know that about yourself but know about others? ad
tourist
Privileged user
пользователь

« Ответ #72 : 11 Январь 2012, 12:25 » Процитировать

Yuri P

I mean, that I could see incorrect order of words in sentences, but I don't every time know if words are used correctly, and if all prepositions match the wording.
You know such stuff that every word controls or controlled by its own preposition and every idiom can match its own context, thus, I don't remember everything and of course, although I could understand what esl students mean, I couldn't be sure if everything is according to English native's usage. It is tricky. Sometimes people who live in the USA or the UK for 20 more years couldn't tell what is correct in speeches or writings, and I have never been to any English speaking country even for a while.

When you tell me that you don't like something in my writing, I will try to check it by googling or taking examples from dictionaries, but if nobody told me that, I would never care to check because it is too much to check and I would spend not 24 hours per day but 48 if it was possible for it.

I am here to exchange opinions and not to teach. For example, if I doubt in some wording of somebody, I would rather put a question and clarify this, and I'd better ask somebody to correct my writing than just rely on my knowledge.

One more thing: I believe that in the above written you could find at least 5 mistakes, and if you are a native speaker - you would rewrite almost everything because I actually put everything in a Russian manner, i.e., in Runglish, I guess.

Pleace, if you don't mind, give me your corrections to my writing.
Yuri P
Privileged user
пользователь

« Ответ #73 : 11 Январь 2012, 13:17 » Процитировать

tourist

Since I am a native speaker of Russian, I could only give you corrections if you had written in Russian. I agree with you that what is natural English and what isn't is often a mystery to us. We just can't see what is so bad with a phrase that natives don't want to use it, though it is perfectly grammatical.

Btw, look at the count of your posts: it's 1000! Congratulations! ab
tourist
Privileged user
пользователь

« Ответ #74 : 11 Январь 2012, 14:08 » Процитировать

Yuri P
Thank you very much.
I haven't strived to collect so many posts, though. I just like to have some simple activities in English and I am very pleased if I could give somebody a useful  hint or a correct answer or just make some corrections/suggestions. And I like following somebody's ideas, questions and comments - I believe I could learn something from them. And it is great fun. ab

How do you assess your English? Have you been studying it for long? I can see your grammar is good - I couldn't give you much help to improve ab, however, I believe I could be helpful for some askers.
« Последнее редактирование: 11 Январь 2012, 14:10 от tourist » Записан
Yuri P
Privileged user
пользователь

« Ответ #75 : 11 Январь 2012, 14:40 » Процитировать

For long and not for long. Before the Internet era I had no real use for English, so I usually learned it for a month or so and then dropped it for the rest of the year, or something like that. This lasted for years, so now I can't even tell how much time I have actually spent on it.

I can't assess my English properly myself and have never asked a native speaker to do so, but I am pretty sure it's easily understandable. Actually that's what I want it to be. I doubt I will ever go to an English speaking country or even meet a native in Russia (I live in a small town), so my English is mostly written English. I've spent some time on developing my listening, but the result is modest, as there isn't any practical need for it in my life. Speaking is on level zero, to be honest, for the same reason. It takes a real lot of time to succeed in the last two skills, so you need a really strong motivation.
tourist
Privileged user
пользователь

« Ответ #76 : 11 Январь 2012, 15:09 » Процитировать

Same here. I have been studying English for too long. And time from time I attended some courses but I could remember from them only what I actually use and I don't remember much theory now, and it's difficult to use some special idioms or spoken phrases. I mostly read books and, though, I could find speaking practice and I occasionally meet native speakers or at least foreigners who speak English, I don't have regular speaking practice. I can speak, however, and rather fluently, though, making a lot of mistakes which could be avoided in writing as I would have a chance to check up my written texts (unfortunately I don't do this every time when I write  - too bad). For several years I have been dreaming of passing any of a Cambridge exam (or any one) to check my level, but I believe I could do it 5 years much better than I can do it now, though I have learned some new material since that time, and forgotten a lot as well ab, thus I would need to do thorough preparatory work if I decided to sit an exam now). And actually I figured out that a lot of those with e.g. CAE, though know a lot, could not know something of what I know now and otherwise – what is required to pass that exam is not in need for my English activities in my present life. Of course, I wish I knew more extra things, but sadly it is - I could forget material, which I don't use, very quickly ac
Fortunately I live in a big city and could find at least mormons to speak with, and sadly is that I am not so active that to keep such kind of socializing on regular basis. Additionally, speaking with natives, though useful, sometimes couldn't help in your work, because for your work you would need some specific knowledge which the natives very often in common life (especially the young ones) don't possess. It is interesting that we studied English somehow similarly, at least at the beginning ab 
Yuri P
Privileged user
пользователь

« Ответ #77 : 11 Январь 2012, 16:47 » Процитировать

and sadly is that I am not so active that to keep such kind of socializing on regular basis.
Yes, that's another important thing. That's why women learn languages faster: they seem to always have something to say to each other (albeit pure nonsense from our point of view). I could probably find someone to talk with on the Internet, as others do, but frankly speaking I just don't know what we could talk about. And to talk about things that don't interest you, just for the sake of learning, feels like a kind of cheating. It's actually not honest. And boring would it be, no doubt. ab So it's just not practical in the long run.
tourist
Privileged user
пользователь

« Ответ #78 : 11 Январь 2012, 18:07 » Процитировать

Yuri P
I think I could talk nonsence just let me start ab We can put some efforts to meet somewhere in the internet to talk about any rubish just to practice ab (I did that before by phone ab some time ago )
Yuri P
Privileged user
пользователь

« Ответ #79 : 11 Январь 2012, 18:43 » Процитировать

tourist

Yes, but I couldn't. ab Also I meant talking with a native speaker so that you could hear a natural accent and check yours. But anyway, as I've said already, it's apparently not worth time and effort in my situation. What I need in real life is reading (~95%) and sometimes writing (~5%), and I've mastered both to the extent sufficient for my needs. Or so it seems to me.
Страниц: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Ответ Печать 
« предыдущая тема следующая тема »
Перейти в:  
+ Быстрый ответ

Для прикрепления файлов нажмите на кнопку