Все для тех, кому нужен английский язык!

Развлечения и отдых

Общение | Конкурсы | Афиша | Коллекции | Копилка

Форум | Ищу репетитора | Разговорные клубы

09 Июнь 2024, 02:36

Добро пожаловать, Гость.

Пожалуйста, войдите или зарегистрируйтесь чтобы оставить сообщение.
Начало Помощь Поиск Правила форума Войти Регистрация
forum.englishteacher.ru  |  Английский язык  |  Speak English (Модератор: A.K.L.)  |  Smoking « предыдущая тема следующая тема »
Страниц: [1] Ответ Печать
Автор Тема: Smoking  (Прочитано 7589 раз)
Milika
Privileged user
пользователь

« : 10 Июнь 2010, 01:11 » Процитировать

Do you smoke? Why?

I have never tried to smoke. Nobody believes me. But I try to understand what people feel when smoking...
A.K.L.
Administrator
пользователь

« Ответ #1 : 10 Июнь 2010, 23:35 » Процитировать

I don't smoke. But I'm a "passive smoker" because my husband does smoke.
Ulit
пользователь

« Ответ #2 : 11 Июнь 2010, 17:26 » Процитировать

It's not good when a woman smokes. I can't understand women who do it.
An.net
Privileged user
пользователь

« Ответ #3 : 11 Июнь 2010, 18:06 » Процитировать

I don't smoke don't like when people do it because I hate the smell of cigarettes.
Vaire
пользователь

« Ответ #4 : 13 Июнь 2010, 21:08 » Процитировать

I don't smoke, but I'm too passive smoker.Almost all my friends are smoking.They are even joking, that I posses an iron will, because  I'm not smoker =)
Maya S
Privileged user
пользователь

« Ответ #5 : 13 Июнь 2010, 21:16 » Процитировать

I don't smoke, and agree with Ulit, woman is created not for cigarettes. There are a lot of things in the world which can be more useful and more interesting than smoking. People who smoke spend their health and money for nothing.
A.K.L.
Administrator
пользователь

« Ответ #6 : 14 Июнь 2010, 21:25 » Процитировать

I agree. But I know that sometimes smoking helps men to make a decision. I usually drink tea when I need to think about solving a problem. What do you usually do?
igorfazlyev
пользователь

« Ответ #7 : 14 Июнь 2010, 22:28 » Процитировать

I don't smoke and never have. When I was growing up smoking was considered 'cool' but I was too much of a non-conformist so when everybody else in my class started smoking I made a point of not following the herd.
I don't think that smoking actually 'helps people make decisions', if anything it gives them an excuse to put off making decisions, instead of deciding on a course of action they have a smoke first, probably secretly hoping that things will get sorted out on their own while they're smoking so they won't have to decide anything in the end
Maya S
Privileged user
пользователь

« Ответ #8 : 14 Июнь 2010, 22:40 » Процитировать

I think, smoking doesn't help to decide problems, it's a kind of phycological protection. People's brain and mind try to protect theirself from some problems. But people are different, may be some of them really use smoking to decide their problem or just think over it!
igorfazlyev
пользователь

« Ответ #9 : 14 Июнь 2010, 22:57 » Процитировать

Not so long ago in Russia there was a culture of 'smoking breaks', something akin to the culture of 'office breaks' that exists in many offices today. So basically it's about taking a pause, getting a breather. I personally use coffee/tea for that. It's not so much about actually drinking the coffee/tea (sometimes I pour myself a mug and then forget about it) as it is about the ritual of making the brew and taking my mind off things for a bit.
I think our culture and thus our attitude towards smoking has been changing recently, smoking is no longer as hip as it once was.
I've been watching Mad Men over the past few weeks, it's an American period drama TV show about the beginnings of the advertising industry in the US in the early 1960's, now on that show everyone smokes all the time.
Milika
Privileged user
пользователь

« Ответ #10 : 14 Июнь 2010, 23:28 » Процитировать

I know that I try to eat something sweet when I need to make a decision. What about you?
As for "taking a pause" I prefer to drink tea.
Страниц: [1] Ответ Печать 
« предыдущая тема следующая тема »
Перейти в:  
+ Быстрый ответ

Для прикрепления файлов нажмите на кнопку